The Council Plan 2013–2017 guides what we do and how we do it. It expresses our priorities and aspirations over a four-year period in making our community a better place to live, work and play.
Download the Council Plan 2013–2017(PDF, 2MB) (adopted June 2013).
Under the Council Plan 2013–2017, our priorities are to:
- create a well-planned, connected and welcoming city
- support local businesses and attract investment
- stimulate employment and improve education and training opportunities
- plan sustainable bike and pedestrian-friendly transport and traffic management systems
- promote environmental sustainability
- ensure transparent, engaging and accountable government.
The Council Plan incorporates the Municipal Health and Wellbeing Plan, and focuses on improving the physical, social, natural, cultural and economic environments that impact community health.
It is reviewed annually to consider emerging community needs.
Council Plans are developed following Council elections and after extensive community consultation and feedback.
Tracking our progress
Each year, Council defines what activities it will undertake to contribute towards the Council Plan. We report quarterly on our performance against these plans, as well as through our Annual Reports.
Read more about our annual Priority Action Plans.