Enterprise Maribyrnong Special Committee
The Enterprise Maribyrnong Special Committee (the EMSC) was established by Council pursuant to section 86 of the Local Government Act 1989 on 19 May 2015.
Join the Enterprise Maribyrnong Special Committee
Expression of Interest are open for the EMSC. Are you an experienced and enthusiastic business leader? Would you like to help the local economy grow and prosper?
Maribyrnong City Council’s Enterprise Maribyrnong Special Committee guides economic development across the city. The Committee assists Council to achieve its vision of Maribyrnong as a leader in urban economic transition and renewal, and to create vibrant and successful urban places with excellent business opportunities and meaningful employment.
Council is seeking nominations from business leaders with vision, drive and business experience.
Nominations are being called for:
Two representatives from either manufacturing, retail, transport and logistics, creative industries or finance sectors with experience and local knowledge within their respective fields.
Nomination form can be downloaded below. For further information phone 9688 0200 or email email@example.com
Expressions of interest close on 25 February 2019
The Enterprise Maribyrnong Special Committee Members
The Committee is independently chaired by James Fitzgerald and comprises 11 representatives from Maribyrnong’s key business sectors as listed below:
- Education, Training and Footscray University Town - Mr Rob Brown
- Retail Regional - Mr Ben Needham
- Local registered trader organisations for Seddon and West Footscray - Ms Sasha Wicker and Mr Pradeep Tiwari
- Manufacturing – Mr Julius Rath
- Creative Industries - Dr Jose Ramos and Ms Ying Zhang.
The Mayor, Cr Martin Zakharov and Councillors Sarah Carter and Cuc Lam are Council’s representatives appointed to the Special Committee.
The EMSC has been delegated certain duties and functions to make decisions in relation to:
- Provision of strategic advice on the delivery of Council Plan goals and actions; Economic Development initiatives, programs and priorities; emerging economic development issues for the City; and the impact of State and Commonwealth economic development policy.
- Receive reports and provide comment and advice on relevant Council policies, strategies and activities as they relate to economic development.
- Promote and contribute to improving networks and connections with peak bodies; regional organisations; and key community and stakeholder groups relevant to the Economic Development policy area.
- Assist Council to identify and develop effective partnerships with other levels of Government, business organisations and peak organisations to ensure a coordinated and collaborative approach to critical economic development issues in Maribyrnong.
- Assist in identifying opportunities for business expansion to both local and new businesses.
- Proactively promote Maribyrnong’s business credentials.
- Provide input on individual projects where directed by Council.
- Provide advice based on expertise on granting of business improvement district grants for Footscray and Yarraville Business Centres on proposals to improve enterprise the local areas.
Terms of Reference
In addition to the duties and functions delegated by Council, the EMSC is guided by its Terms of Reference to assist Council in achieving its vision of the City of Maribyrnong as a leader in urban economic transition and renewal, and to create vibrant and successful urban places with excellent business opportunities and meaningful employment.
A copy of the EMSC Terms of Reference can be downloaded below.
Committee Meeting Dates, Agendas and Minutes
To view a list of meeting dates for the Committee please visit the schedule of Council and Special Committee meeting dates page.
To view agendas and minutes of the Committee please visit the Agendas and minutes page.