Council Plan 2021-2025
The Council Plan 2021-2025 guides what we do and how we do it over a four-year period.
It expresses our vision for creating an inclusive, flourishing, progressive city that cares for both its residents and its environment.
Download the Council Plan 2021-2025(PDF, 3MB), which was adopted in June 2021 following extensive community engagement.
Alternatively, view the highlights by downloading the Council Plan 'at a glance' document(PDF, 495KB).
Under the Council Plan 2021-25, our priorities are:
- Safe climate and healthy environment: Council will proactively identify opportunities to support a return to a safe climate and healthy environment and work with our community to respond to climate emergency challenges.
- Liveable neighbourhoods: Council will partner with its community to provide and advocate for integrated built and natural environments with access to open spaces that are well maintained, engaging, accessible and respectful of the community and neighbourhoods.
- A place for all: Council will provide well-planned neighbourhoods and a strong local economy, delivering services that are inclusive and accessible to the whole community, and that support wellbeing, healthy and safe living, connection to the community, and cultural interaction.
- Future focussed: Council will plan and advocate for new infrastructure and safe, sustainable and effective transport networks and a smart innovative city that encourages and supports new generations to thrive.
- Ethical leadership: Council will proactively lead our changing City using strategic foresight, innovation, transparent decision making and well-planned and effective collaboration and community engagement to support community and economic growth during the ongoing challenges of the pandemic and beyond.
The Council Plan incorporates the Municipal Health and Wellbeing Plan, and focuses on improving the physical, social, natural, cultural and economic environments that impact community health.
It is reviewed annually to consider emerging community needs.
Council Plans are developed following Council elections and after extensive community consultation and feedback.
Tracking our progress
Each year, Council defines what activities it will undertake to contribute towards the Council Plan. We report quarterly on our performance against these plans, as well as through our Annual Reports.
Read more about our Annual Council Action Plans.