Fence Repairs or Replacements

Do you need a permit?

You may need a planning permit to build or rebuild a fence in a heritage area.

Fence repairs or replacements

If you can’t track down the owner of your neighbouring property, we can provide property owner contact details.

Please complete the Fencing application form(PDF, 736KB) and return it to Council.

Fencing disputes

The cost of maintaining fences between properties is usually shared between neighbours.

Where you and your neighbour cannot agree on repairs, or the cost of fencing, please seek advice from the Dispute Settlement Centre of Victoria.