Why Mental Health First Aid?
Each year 1 in 5 Australians will experience a mental illness. This means that we need to look out for each other, especially in our workplace communities.
Completing a MHFA™ Course will help you and your team to develop the skills to support an employee, co-worker, friend or family member who needs support with mental health. This course is valued at $3,000 and will be provided to Maribyrnong businesses for $2000 as part of the grant program. The voucher will cover all the costs of training for groups of up to 22 people, including all course materials, manuals, and venue hire (if required, we can also come to you).
This course is all about developing the skills to support others while also looking after yourself. Having mental health first aid skills means that you can assist someone developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis and make a real difference to your workplace and community. We are so proud to offer this course to local Maribyrnong businesses so that they can support their staff, create mental health aware workplaces and ultimately improve staff well-being and retention.
The course is delivered by Assembly Yoga owner, Melissa Hudson. Melissa is a qualified yoga and meditation teachers with over ten years experience in training and facilitation. Friendly, engaging, Melissa is passionate about sharing her knowledge and skills to support your teams resilience and mental health.
By completing this course you will join the over 4 million people already trained globally and become part of a growing movement to support mental health. The training is suitable for anyone and everyone with no pre-requisite training.
• Provides the knowledge, confidence and skills to offer support to assist someone you are concerned about
• Is suitable for anyone and everyone with no pre-requisite training
• Outlines an action plan to apply in crisis and non-crisis situations including anxiety disorders, depressive disorders and substance abuse
• Plays a huge role in increasing mental health literacy and reducing stigma
• Is evidence based and fully accredited by Mental Health First Aid Australia
• Comprises a total of 12 contact hours of learning in any format that suits your business e.g. full or half days or shorter sessions
• Interactive and skills based
• Can be held at Assembly Yoga in West Footscray or can be delivered privately at your preferred location
Looking forward to working together! Be in touch with any questions.
Find out more about Assembly Yoga here