Enterprise Maribyrnong Delegated Committee
The Enterprise Maribyrnong Delegated Committee (the EMDC) was established by Council pursuant to section 63 of the Local Government Act 2020 on 18 August 2020.
The EMDC Membership
The EMDC is independently chaired and comprises 11 representatives from key business sectors as follows:
- Education, Training and Footscray University Town
- Retail Regional
- Local registered trader organisations
- Creative Industries.
The Mayor, Cr Michael Clarke and Councillors Cuc Lam and Anthony Tran are Council’s representatives appointed to the EMDC.
The EMDC has been delegated certain duties and functions to make decisions in relation to:
- Provision of strategic advice on the delivery of Council Plan goals and actions; Economic Development initiatives, programs and priorities; emerging economic development issues for the City; and the impact of State and Commonwealth economic development policy.
- Receive reports and provide comment and advice on relevant Council policies, strategies and activities as they relate to economic development.
- Promote and contribute to improving networks and connections with peak bodies; regional organisations; and key community and stakeholder groups relevant to the Economic Development policy area.
- Assist Council to identify and develop effective partnerships with other levels of government, business organisations and peak organisations to ensure a coordinated and collaborative approach to critical economic development issues in Maribyrnong.
- Assist in identifying opportunities for business expansion to both local and new businesses.
- Proactively promote Maribyrnong’s business credentials.
- Provide input on individual projects where directed by Council.
- Provide advice based on expertise on granting of business improvement district grants for Footscray and Yarraville Business Centres on proposals to improve enterprise the local areas.
Terms of Reference
In addition to the duties and functions delegated by Council, the EMDC is guided by its Terms of Reference to assist Council in achieving its vision of the City of Maribyrnong as a leader in urban economic transition and renewal, and to create vibrant and successful urban places with excellent business opportunities and meaningful employment.
A copy of the EMDC's Terms of Reference can be downloaded below.
Committee Meeting Dates, Agendas and Minutes
To view a list of meeting dates for the EMDC please visit the schedule of Council and Special Committee meeting dates page.
To view agendas and minutes of the EMDC please visit the Agendas and minutes page.