Opportunity for outdoor expansion - Dining, entertainment, exercise and other businesses
Council has secured an extra $500,000 in State Government funding to help create and support more outdoor dining venues, in addition to encouraging other businesses to expand their footprint outdoors.
We will are rolling out an Outdoor Activation Expressions of Interest program to offer businesses the opportunity to apply for funds. Expressions of Interest (EOI) will centre around the State Government’s directive that funds be available for re-activation and establishment of new, outdoor spaces:
- provision, maintenance or upgrade of outdoor spaces, parklet facilities, bollards, planter boxes, street furniture, landscaping, signage, lighting etc
- purchase or hire of equipment to support outdoor economic activity in public areas including marquees or other structures, screens and blinds, shelving and display racks, seating, PA Systems etc
- street entertainment, cultrural displays and performances, etc, to enhance the ambience of outdoor areas
- traffic management, including street closures
- local marketing and communications to promote outdoor economic activity, and
Any business that wants to submit an idea for improving their outdoor space should complete the below expression of interest form by 11.59pm Sunday 21 November 2021. Applicants will will be advised of the outcome of the EOI process by the end of November.
For more information on the State Government's road map visit: Victorian State Government's Roadmap.
The State Government funding has been received through the COVIDSafe Outdoor Activation Fund 2021. In addition to supporting hospitality businesses, the funding will support a broad range of industries that have been severely impacted by COVID restrictions; such as gyms, creative businesses, personal/beauty services and non-essential retail.
Submit an Expression of Interest
Businesses may also be eligible for separate funding directly from Business Victoria via the COVIDSafe Outdoor Activation Voucher Program, which provides $2000 vouchers to support outdoor hospitality and entertainment. Visit the Business Victoria website for more information regarding the voucher program.
This program of outdoor dining is a State Government initiative that is supported by Council. For more information on the initiative visit:
Industry Restart Guidelines for Hospitality
Victorian Government’s funding and support for the hospitality industry