About the Enterprise Maribyrnong Special Committee
The responsibilities of the Committee include:
- Provision of strategic advice on the delivery of Council Plan goals and actions; Economic Development initiatives, programs and priorities; emerging economic development issues for the City; and the impact of State and Commonwealth economic development policy.
- Receive reports and provide comment and advice on relevant Council policies, strategies and activities as they relate to economic development.
- Promote and contribute to improving networks and connections with peak bodies; regional organisations; and key community and stakeholder groups relevant to the Economic Development policy area.
- Assist Council to identify and develop effective partnerships with other levels of Government, business organisations and peak organisations to ensure a coordinated and collaborative approach to critical economic development issues in Maribyrnong.
- Assist in identifying opportunities for business expansion to both local and new businesses.
- Proactively promote Maribyrnong’s business credentials.
- Provide input on individual projects where directed by Council.
- Provide advice based on expertise on granting of business improvement district grants for Footscray and Yarraville Business Centres on proposals to improve enterprise the local areas.
The Committee is independently chaired by James Fitzgerald and comprises 11 representatives from Maribyrnong’s key business sectors such as Education, Training and Footscray University Town – Mr Rob Brown, Retail Regional – Mr Gary Cooper, local registered trader organisations – Seddon and West Footscray – Ms Sasha Wicker and Mr Pradeep Tiwari, Manufacturing – Mr Julius Rath, Finance – Ms Melinda West, and Creative Industries – Dr Jose Ramos.
The Mayor, Cr Cuc Lam and Councillors Tina Huynh and Martin Zakharov are Council’s representatives appointed to the Special Committee.
All appointments to the Committee are for a term of 12 months.
Committee Meeting Dates, Agendas and Minutes