Apply for a road occupation permit

A road occupation permit is required if you occupy part of a road, footpath or nature strip.

If the road occupation required excavations, Storm water connections, digging, drilling, boreholes, please refer to Works Within Road Reserves (WWRR) permit.

If the road and footpath occupation for mobile crane/concrete pump for building work, please refer to Road and footpath occupation - crane/concrete pump for building work

If the road occupation is in relation to a Building Permit please refer to Building Services, otherwise apply below.

How to apply

All applications must be received a minimum of 10 business days prior to the requested start date of the permit. To allow quicker processing, please provide your e-mail address and mobile number on the application.

Step 1: Apply Online, or Complete the Road occupation application form(PDF, 361KB) and submit to Council with relevant documentation. Do not provide payment at this stage. 

Step 2: You will receive a "Payment Request" for the amount due if your application is pre-approved.

Step 3: Make payment by one of the methods advertised on the payment request.

Step 4: Once payment is received your application will be approved and the permit will be sent to you