Starting a business

To operate and start promoting your goods and services, you must first register your businesses with the Australian Tax Office (ATO) for an Australian Business Number (ABN) or for a Australian Company Number (ACN).

To help you with this process, please access more information through the links below.

Find out more information on the type of licences, permits and registrations you may need for you business here

Apply for a Tax File Number (Australian Tax Office)

Apply for an Australian Business Number (Australian Business Register)

Apply for an Australian Company Number (ASIC)

Register a business name (ASIC)

 Download the Doing Business in Maribyrnong Kit