Business Improvement District (BID) Grant Program
Maribyrnong City Council’s Business Improvement District (BID) grant program supports business districts through targeted grants for trader associations and groups of five or more businesses within the municipality.
In August 2018, the Enterprise Maribyrnong Special Committee awarded seven BID grants to the following projects:
- The Footscray Asian Business Association (FABA) will deliver Friday evening music performances (one per month for 8 months) in the Saigon Plaza in Footscray.
- The Footscray Traders Association (FTA) will deliver an advertising campaign to promote Footscray as a great place to shop and trade.
- The West Footscray Traders Association (WFTA) will deliver a pop-up small business showcase in the Barkly Street Village.
- The Seddon Village Traders Association (SVTA) will deliver a ‘Passport to Seddon’ booklet aimed at promoting the shops in the area as well as undertaking a membership drive to strengthen the business group.
- The Yarraville Traders Association (YTA) will deliver two trader-led events, ‘Halloween’ and ‘Christmas’ in 2018, encouraging people to shop in Yarraville.
- The 32 businesses located in the arcade between Nicholson and Albert Street in Footscray will establish new branding for their shopping centre.
- A business collective of new and existing businesses near Maddern Square will deliver a series of events from November 2018 - April 2019 in Maddern Square, Footscray to attract visitors to the area.
The Business Improvement District grant program will re-open for applications in May 2019. Applications for funding between $1,000 - $50,000 should meet one of the following objectives:
- Promote destination marketing and other opportunities to increase trade and business opportunities.
- Strengthen business districts through improved public realm initiatives.
- Increase the viability of business districts through the development of innovative business practices.
- Promote and strengthen business groups that have a shared and common economic interest.
For further information, contact Council’s Economic Development team at email@example.com or (03) 9688 0200.