Business Improvement District Grant Program
The 2018/2019 grant program is now open
Applications are now being accepted for Council’s annual Business Improvement District grant program, closing at 5pm on Friday 6 July 2018.
Who can apply?
To be eligible applicants must be:
- A trader association with members based in the City of Maribyrnong, or
- A group of five or more traders that have established businesses in the City of Maribyrnong.
For further eligibility criteria and general information about the grants please download a copy of the grant guidelines at the bottom of this web page.
Before you commence your application please gather the following supporting documentation.
All applicants will be required to provide:
- A project plan
- A costed budget
- Written evidence of consultation with local businesses
- A copy of your ABN or ACN registration certificate
- A copy of a recent bank statement
- Details of business insurance.
Groups of five or more traders will also be required to upload signed letters from at least four supporting applicants.
Traders associations will also be required to provide:
- Their most recent financial statement
- Net profit/loss for the 2016/2017 financial year
- The minutes of their last annual general meeting
- A copy of the trader association's certificate of incorporation
- A current list of trader association members.
How to apply
It's never been easier to apply for a Business Improvement District grant as this year you can apply online.
At any point in the online application, you can hit save and we'll email you a link so when you're ready to continue your application, you can pick up where you left off.
Begin a grant application online
You will be asked questions including:
- Provide a brief description of the proposal/project you are seeking grant funding for
- Describe the local opportunities or issues being addressed by this proposal/project
- What are your project objectives? Ensure that your objectives directly address the opportunities or issues faced by the local area
- Describe how your proposed project meets at least one of the objectives of the Business Improvement District grant program
- Provide a brief description of the estimated cost and timing for each item or activity within your proposal (as per budget)
- List the stakeholders and their role in the project
- Describe how your business proposal will promote the City of Maribyrnong and assist in the activation of the district where it is located
- Describe the outcomes that will demonstrate the success of your project
- How, when and against what will the outcomes be measured?
Public information session
The public information session was held on Thursday 7 June 2018.