On 26 January each year Council holds a civic reception to honor those individuals, community groups and businesses who give so tirelessly to improving the lives of others in the City of Maribyrnong.
Many individuals, community groups and businesses play an important role in community and civic life in the City of Maribyrnong. The Citizen of the Year Award is the highest honor Council can bestow on any individual which recognises the invaluable contributions made by private citizens to the City of Maribyrnong.
Recipients of this year's City of Maribyrnong Civic Awards are:
- Citizen of the Year Award - Sr Jeanne Dwyer RSJ
- Mayoral Award - Manmohan Singh Shergill
- Volunteer of the Year Award - Marg Lind
- Community Strengthening Award - Rosamond Special School
- Active Maribyrnong Sporting Award - Westgate Basketball Association
- Arts Award - wit incorporated
- Enterprise Maribyrnong Award for Contribution to Business Community - West Footscray Traders Association
- Enterprise Maribyrnong Award for New and Emerging Business - Small Graces
- Enterprise Maribyrnong Award for Innovative Business - Western Health Collective.
To find out more about this year's Civic Award recipients view the 2018 Civic Awards page below.