Neighbourhood Houses and Community Centres are at the heart of community life in the City of Maribyrnong.
They are bright, active places that bring people together in their neighbourhoods and where activities and opportunities to participate in programs are offered. These centres also give people the chance to connect with one another in a supportive and pleasant environment.
There are seven Neighbourhood House and Community Centres in the City of Maribyrnong that are unique but share similar characteristics.
- All community members are welcome and treated with dignity and respect.
- The needs and aspirations of the community are responded to.
- People come together to connect, learn and contribute in their local community through social, educational, recreational and support activities.
- Quality programs, activities and services are delivered.
- Centres are inclusive and encourage people to volunteer and be active community members.
- Diversity and difference is highly valued.
Neighbourhood Houses welcome people from all walks of life. This inclusive approach creates opportunities for individuals and groups to enrich their lives through connections they might not otherwise make.
Together, Neighbourhood House and Community Centres in Maribyrnong provide real and timely community support, adult education and learning activities, opportunities for youth and children, social support, health and wellbeing, community development and civic activities along with services for people at all ages and stages of their lives. Programs and activities are developed in response to the needs and concerns of the citizens in the neighbourhood and with their input - which is highly valued and a key component of the philosophy of Neighbourhood House and Community Centres.
To find out what activities are taking place within community Centres, please see Programs and Activity Page