Maribyrnong City Council has an annual Community Grant program that supports local community groups and organisations to respond to community issues and ideas, and that support and encourage participation in community and cultural life, facilitate innovation, access and inclusion.
We are open for applications mid-year to fund projects that will be running in the following year. So keep an eye on this page to find out when applications will be open for 2019 projects proposals.
If you want to be notified of opening dates in your inbox, subscribe to our mailing list at the bottom of the page.
Please email email@example.com for more details.
Council is pleased to announce the 2018 Maribyrnong City Council Community Grant recipients
This year we have funded a diverse and exciting array of projects. We congratulate the recipients and look forward to seeing the projects develop over the next year.
Community Development Grants (up to $5000)
- HousingAIM - Affordable, Inclusive Maribyrnong Community Education and Engagement
- Joiningthedots International (Victoria) - Welcome Dinner Project - Maribyrnong
- Yarraville Community Centre - Wominjeka! The Maribyrnong Indigenous Immersion Project for Migrants & Refugees
- Cathy Koman - Books Alive
- Hot House Projects - Asset mapping human & social capital project
- Cohousing Australia - Collaborating Community
- Westgate Multiple Birth Association - Twins Plus Movement and Music Classes
- Tweddle Child and Family Health Service - Sleep, Play, Love – Parenting Workshops
Arts & Culture Grants (up to $5000)
- Women's Circus - Learning the Ropes Community Day
- little...No BIG - FLOAT with little...No BIG
- Footscray Community Choir - Building Bridges: 2018 Footscray Community Choir & ASRC Joint Concert
- Western Edge Youth Arts - Maribyrnong Leadership Program for Youth Arts Workers
- Weekly Ticket Footscray - Weekly Ticket Footscray funding strategy package
- Riot Stage - Lovely Mess
- Sound School - Westside Sound School
- Snuff Puppets - Snuff Skool
- Aaron Martin - Causation - A billboard project by Phuong Ngo
- Trocadero Art Space - Summer Series: Some Like It Hot
Environmental Sustainability Grants (up to $5000)
- Friends of the Maribyrnong Valley Inc. - Maribyrnong Sustainability and Environment Guide booklet
- Yarraville Community Garden - Food for Thought
- Wit Incorporated Inc - A Hero’s Guide to Saving the Planet: Community Tour
Large Grants (up to $15,000)
- Asylum Seeker Resource Centre - Volunteer Well-being Initiative
- West Footscray Neighbourhood House - Community skill sharing and strengthening
- Raspberry Ripple Productions - Raspberry Ripple Productions - Professional Development
- 100 Story Building - Level 87 Book Club
- Ardoch Youth Foundation - Pathways Beyond School Program
- Jonathan Homsey - Mx.Red
Small Grants (up to $500)
- The Braybrook Sporting Club - 2018 Establishment of Braybrook Netball Teams
- Connecting Women (West Women Connect) - Connecting Women ( West Women Connect)
- Australian Croatian Community Services - Bocce in the Park
- Temporary Relief - Physical theatre devising, 10 week term in 2018
- Eating Disorders Victoria - Volunteer support
- Angliss Neighbourhood House - Angliss Community Ping Pong
- Maribyrnong Truck Action Group (MTAG) Inc - Running costs and education materials
- HousingAIM - Affordable, Inclusive Maribyrnong - Capacity building and partnership development
Seniors Grants (up to $500)
- Yarraville Trugo Club
- Australian Croatian Senior CC of Footscray
- Macedonian Pensioners Association of Footscray
- Indochinese Elderly Refugees Association
- Pontiaki Gonia Inc.
- Polish Seniors Citizens Club Yarravile
- West Footscray Seniors Citizens Club Inc.
- Circolo Pensionati Italiani Di Footscray Inc
- Footscray Senior Citizens Club Inc
- United Slavic Pensioners Group of Footscray
Sign up to our Community Grants newsletter for information on Learning Lab workshops, details of our Community Grants program, and a list of other funding opportunities that we have come across.
Past grant recipients
View a list of projects previously funded through our community grants program.