Mari Feeds is your local meal box supporting local people and business, with recipes sourced from our community. This project made possible by a VicHealth Reimagining Health Grant and delivered in partnership with Central West Shopping Centre.
Purchase a meal box
Each box contains ingredients and instructions for three recipes sourced by local community members (standard and vegetarian options available) and are designed to serve 4-5 people.
With delivery every Tuesday, we’ve got your mid-week family meals sorted. Only a limited number of boxes are available each week, so get in quick to order yours.
Meal boxes are available for community to purchase at a subsidised rate thanks to VicHealth, with concession discounts available
For community members who have the means and would like to support another local family in need we are offering a pay-it-forward option to help us provide boxes for free to families in need1.
- $45 Full price ($3.75 per serve)
- $50 Full price, including a plus pay-it-forward contribution toward providing a box to another family in need. ($4.16 per serve)
- $25 Concession rate (health care card, students, pension card and bridging or temporary visa holders) ($2.08 per serve)
1Families experiencing financial hardship can access Council’s COVID-19 community response line phone 9688 0434 between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday to access assistance.
As this is a pilot program, Mari Feeds is currently only available for delivery to residential addresses in Braybrook. Maidstone and West Footscray.
Deliveries will be made on Tuesday’s between 1 – 4pm.
*Basic ingredients (such as salt, pepper, oil and sugar) will not be included in delivery.
Submit your recipe to be part of Mari Feeds
What we are looking for
- Main meal
- Budget friendly
- Includes fresh produce and pantry ingredients
- Requires only basic cooking equipment
- A maximum of six steps.
What we are not looking for
- Breakfast, dessert of snack recipes
- Recipes that include frozen or hard to find ingredients.
For more information please contact the project officer at email@example.com