2020 Council Election Candidate Information and Training Session
Next date: Wednesday, 26 August 2020 | 05:30 PM
to 08:30 PM
Council, in partnership with the Victorian Local Governance Association (VLGA), is presenting three information and training sessions specifically designed for potential candidates in local government elections and to provide an increased awareness in the community of the role and business of local government.
An online session will be held on 25 June 2020 and 23 July 2020 and a face to face session will be held on 26 August 2020. To register for any of the sessions please see details below.
A detailed program has been developed for the sessions and includes:
- What is local government and how does it work?
- What are the roles of a council and a councillor?
- The roles of a council's Chief Executive Officer and the administration.
- Accountability of councils and councillors.
- Key dates for the 2020 local government elections and candidate eligibility.
- Understanding your council/ward.
- Your election platform, campaign team, tools and resources.
Session details and registration
Three sessions will be held: two online sessions, and one face to face session.
*The 26 August 2020 session will observe social distancing measures and is subject to any advice released by the State Government or by Council in response to COVID-19.
Thursday, 25 June 2020 | 02:30 PM
- 04:00 PM
Thursday, 23 July 2020 | 05:30 PM
- 07:00 PM
Wednesday, 26 August 2020 | 05:30 PM
- 08:30 PM
Online Zoom session details: Meeting ID: 847 7098 4489/Password: 449580
Maribyrnong City Council, Footscray Town Hall, 61 Napier Street, Footscray 3011 View Map