About Deputy Mayor, Cr Cuc Lam PSM
This is Deputy Mayor, Cr Cuc Lam’s third term as a Councillor at the City of Maribyrnong, including a year as Mayor.
Cr Lam was first elected in 2000, then again in 2016, serving as Mayor in 2017/2018, before being re-elected in 2020.
Cr Lam has received the Refugee Recognition Record Award and Victorian Honour Roll of Women and was instrumental in the implementation of the pop up park in West Footscray. She is currently on the Board of Directors of Wimmera Health Service, the Community Advisory Committee for Western Health and a member of GAICD. Cr Lam is a strong advocate for multicultural communities, and she seeks to create safer and cleaner neighbourhoods while supporting sporting and community groups and local businesses.
Deputy Mayor, Cr Cuc Lam is Council's appointee to the following:
- Audit and Risk Advisory Committee
- Chief Executive Employment Matters Advisory Committee
- City Development Delegated Committee Chair
- Civic Awards Judging Panel
- Enterprise Maribyrnong Delegated Committee
- LGBTQIA+ Advisory Committee
- Metropolitan Local Governments’ Waste Forum (substitute)
- Municipal Association of Victoria (MAV) (substitute)
- Victorian Local Governance Association
- Western Melbourne Tourism Board (substitute).