About the Deputy Mayor, Cr Megan Bridger-Darling
Cr Megan Bridger-Darling was elected in 2019 following an extraordinary vacancy. Cr Bridger Darling has lived in Maribyrnong for 12 years and studied history at Victoria University and is an Intercultural Ambassador, a former swimming teacher, a member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors, a long distance ocean swimmer, avid book and map collector and is learning Indonesian.
Cr Bridger-Darling is the current Deputy Mayor of Maribyrnong City Council.
Cr Bridger-Darling is a board member of Wombat’s Wish, a bereavement service for children who have lost a parent or guardian; BikeWest, a cycling and infrastructure advocacy group based in Melbourne’s West; and Gateway Community Services, a social support service for Melbourne’s West.
Deputy Mayor, Cr Megan Bridger-Darling is Council's appointee to the:
- Audit and Risk Advisory Committee
- Chief Executive Officer Performance Review Committee
- City Development Special Committee
- Civic Awards Judging Panel
- Heritage Advisory Committee (substitute)
- Maribyrnong Reconciliation Action Plan Advisory Committee
- Metropolitan Local Governments Waste Forum
- Municipal Association of Victoria (substitute)
- RoadSafe Westgate Community Road Safety Council
- Victorian Local Governance Association (substitute)
- Western Melbourne Tourism Board (substitute).