About the Mayor, Cr Sarah Carter
Cr Sarah Carter was first elected to Maribyrnong City Council in 2008 and re-elected in each consecutive Council election.
First elected Mayor in 2011, Cr Carter is the current Mayor of Maribyrnong City Council.
Cr Carter has represented Council and the community on many committees and advisory groups during her terms of Council. She is passionate about gender equity, social justice, diversity, education, and opportunities for young people. Cr Sarah Carter was instrumental in the development of Festival City. She represented Council as a board member of LeadWest’s Council from 2011 to 2016 and has been Council’s Gender Equity Ambassador since 2011.
Mayor, Cr Sarah Carter is Council's appointee to the following:
- Audit and Risk Advisory Committee (substitute)
- Chief Executive Officer Performance Review Committee
- City Development Special Committee
- Civic Awards Judging Panel
- Disability Advisory Committee (substitute)
- Enterprise Maribyrnong Special Committee
- Inner Melbourne Action Plan Implementation Committee
- Maribyrnong Reconciliation Action Plan Advisory Committee.