Register for childcare and kindergarten
All registrations for community based childcare and kindergarten are managed through our Central Registration System (CRS). You can register at any time after your child is born.
Kindergarten, long day childcare and 3-year-old programs provide a strong foundation for your child's learning and development.
They improve language and help children learn through play-based programs that foster your child's social, emotional, physical and cognitive needs.
They help your child adapt to new people, situations and environments, and set them on a path of learning for life.
Step 1. What you need to know before registering
You can register your child for community managed long day childcare, 3-year-old programs and 4-year-old kindergarten through our Central Registration System (CRS).
Every child and family has different needs. Visit your preferred childcare centres and/or kindergartens and talk to staff before you register.
We recommend you select up to four different childcare and/or kindergarten services for the best opportunity to be offered a place.
You need to complete a separate registration for each child, but can register your child for multiple services as part of the same application.
Please note: children attending a 3-year old program will not automatically be offered a placement for four-year old kindergarten in the same service.
We do not manage registrations for private childcare and kindergarten services.
Step 2. Registration fees
How much is the CRS application fee?
A non-refundable fee of $20 per child is required with each application.
Payment can be made via credit card only.
The application fee is waived for families with a valid Commonwealth subsidy card and select immigration visas.(PDF, 337KB)
- your child’s birth notice, birth certificate, passport or immunisation record
- a utilities bill or rates notice with family's name and address (the main residence of the child)
- a valid Commonwealth subsidy card/s and some immigration visas, where applicable.
Step 3. Have your paperwork ready
To lodge an application you'll need:
1. Proof of identity: your child's birth certificate, birth notice, passport or immunisation record.
2. Proof of residence: a utilities bill, rental agreement or rates notice with your family name and address (this must be the main residence of your child).
3. Your credit card.
4. Subsidy cards and immigration visas(PDF, 337KB) (where applicable)
5. Documents from Family Support Services or a Maternal and Child Health nurse confirming high support needs and/or disability or letter from a doctor for complex medical needs (where applicable).
Step 4. Register
You can choose to:
You will receive an email confirming your application within 10 working days. This does not guarantee you an offer.
Step 5. Update us if things change
Keep your details up-to-date
It is essential to keep your contact and preference details up-to-date, so you have the best chance of being offered a place at your preferred service/s.
Once registered you can update your details at anytime through the CRS online portal or by contacting our CRS team.
Frequently asked questions
If you have additional queries, please check our Frequently Asked Questions.
If you need further assistance please contact us on 9688 0116 or email@example.com