Register for childcare and kindergarten

All registrations for community based childcare and kindergarten are managed through our Central Registration System (CRS). You can register at any time after your child is born.

1. Contact us first

Please call us 9688 0116 to talk through the registration process.

Let us know if your child has additional needs, if you identify as vulnerable, or any other information that will help us prioritise your application.(PDF, 330KB)

We recommend you also arrange to visit the centres you’re interested in. This way, you can nominate only the services and locations you want.

2. Attend three-and-a-half-year-old visit

Please attend the three-and-a-half-year-old maternal and child health check up with your child, if you have not already done so. You also need to check your child's immunisation is up-to-date.

3. Have your paperwork ready

To lodge an application, you will need a copy of:

  • your child’s birth notice, birth certificate, passport or immunisation record
  • a utilities bill or rates notice with family's name and address (the main residence of the child)
  • a valid Commonwealth subsidy card/s and some immigration visas, where applicable. 

4. Have your bank details ready

A non-refundable fee of $20 per child is required with each application. There is no charge for families with a valid Commonwealth subsidy card/s and some immigration visas.

5. Application

You can choose to:

Applying online?

If you are applying for the first time, you will need to create an account and have electronic copies of the required documents ready. You will receive an email confirming your application within 10 working days. This does not guarantee you an offer.

If you have difficulties applying online, please call 9688 0116 or email

6. Update us if things change

Once we have processed your application, you can track, edit or withdraw your entry if registered online.

You need to tell us if your personal details, contacts or preferences change. Families who will be out of contact for a period of time should provide alternate contacts by notifying us.