Pay an infringement
If you receive an infringement notice, you need to pay within 28 days to avoid extra costs.
After 28 days we will send you a reminder, requiring payment plus costs. If still unresolved, the matter may be referred to the Magistrates' Court resulting in a higher fee and more costs.
How do I pay?
- Pay online via Council’s web site (Visa, Mastercard). This service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week commencing three days after the date of the fine.
- Pay by phone 1300 130 946 (Visa, Mastercard). Please have your Infringement Notice ready. This service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week commencing three days after the date of the fine.
- At an Australia Post office, POSTbillpay by phoning 13 18 16, or online
- In person with cash, EFTPOS or credit card (Visa, Mastercard), to the cashier at at our Council offices
- Send a cheque or money order to Maribyrnong City Council, PO Box 58, Footscray 3011. Include infringement notice number with the payment.
What if I can't afford to pay?
If you are experiencing financial hardship and hold a concession card, you may apply for an extension to the due date. You need to apply for this before the due date of the fine.
You have a right to appeal
Appeals must be lodged in writing within 28 days of the fine being issued.