Report a nuisance cat or dog

What should you report to Council?

You can report pets that trespass on another person's property or creates disturbing noises.

You can also report owners who do not:

  • comply with on and off lead rules
  • clean up after their dog
  • comply with domestic animal restrictions
  • look after their pets well
  • feed or encourage the presence of feral or stray animals.

You should immediately report animals that cause injury or endanger the health of another animal or person. Please see the dog attacks and rushes page for more information.

 Note - for wildlife issues, please contact the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning on 13 61 86.

What information should you include?

  • A description of animal, including breed (if known), colour and any markings
  • The precise details of what happened
  • The time and duration of the incident/s
  • The location of the incident or animal
  • The name and address of the owner
  • Any aggravating circumstances, such as injuries


Call (03) 9688 0200 for urgent matters or make a request online.