Apply for a pensioner rebate on rates

If you hold a pensioner concession card or a Veteran Affairs card, you are eligible to receive a rebate on your rates.

How much is the rebate?

The rebate is reviewed each year in line with Consumer Price Index changes. 

For the 2019/20 financial year, the pensioner rebate has been increased up to $235.15 (plus $50 for the fire services levy), in addition to the Council Rebate of  $194.30  for qualified card holders.

To apply for the pensioner rebate applicants must be eligible to participate in the State Government Pensioner Remission Scheme.

Download a copy of the municipal rates concession application form

Fire Service Property Levy concession

Qualified card holders are also entitled to a $50 rebate against the Fire Service Property Levy.


Are you eligible?

The property must be your principal place of residence. You must also hold a pensioner concession card, or:

  • Gold Repatriation Health Card - Permanently Incapacitated (TPI)
  • Gold Repatriation Health Card - War Widow (WW)
  • Department of Veteran Affairs POW and EDA cards.

If you have recently become a pensioner, you will need to apply to receive the rebates.

How to apply for the pensioner rebate

Complete and sign the municipal rates concession application form and submit to Council by email, post, or in person at the Town Hall.

Please include a photocopy of the front and the back of your pension card.


Pensioner defered rates

In some cases, we can make arrangements for eligible pensioners to defer their rate payments. Please contact us to discuss.