Disability Advisory Committee
This Committee advises Council on how to build an inclusive community that responds to the needs and issues of community members with disability.
There are nine community members on the committee comprising people with disability, carers of people with disability and people representing disability-specific agencies. One Councillor and one Council officer is nominated, but these are non-voting positions. The committee meets every six weeks.
Read the Committee Terms of Reference(PDF, 152KB)
DAC has provided advice to Council or participated in:
- Disability Policy and Action Plan
- Affordable Housing
- Wayfinding in Footscray
- Taxi services for people with disability
- Maribyrnong Inclusive Recognition Awards
- Playgrounds and Open Space
- Nicholson Street Mall and Maddern Square
- International Day of People with Disability
- Mobility Maps
Be the voice of your community
Applications are now open to join the Disability Advisory Committee.
For more information
Contact Danielle Short, Disability Planner, Diversity on 9688 0342 or email@example.com