Active Transport Advisory Committee
Purpose of the Advisory Committee
The purpose of the Advisory Committee is to provide Council with ongoing community input into Council and State Government provisions for active transport, infrastructure projects, advocacy and partnership opportunities.
Objective of the Advisory Committee
The Advisory Committee's objectives are to:
- Provide advice on delivery of cycling and walking strategies and other relevant Council programs or policy.
- Inform Council of issues relating to improving conditions and safety for cycling and walking and promoting active transport in the municipality.
- Provide advice to inform the development of projects and programs that encourage a culture of active transport in Maribyrnong, so that people make more of trips by foot or bicycle.
- Provide advice on the development of a high quality network of routes accessing popular destinations both within Maribyrnong and the larger Metropolitan network that are suitable for use by those of all abilities, ages and backgrounds.
- Support Council in advocating to key partners and relevant bodies to prioritise funding of active transport projects and programs.
- To strengthen linkages between interest groups, the community and Council
The Committee is advisory in nature and has no decision making authority.
To find out more about the Advisory Committee download the terms of reference below.
For further information about the Advisory Committee please contact Council's Active Transport Planner by phoning 9688 0200 or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org