Active Transport Advisory Committee
Nominations Now Open
Nominations are now open for a community member to represent the Stony Creek Ward on Council’s Active Transport Advisory Committee to help shape and improve walking and cycling in the City.
The Active Transport Advisory Committee informs the development of projects and programs that encourage a culture of walking and cycling in Maribyrnong and importantly strengthens linkages between the community and Council.
A community member from the Stony Creek Ward is sought who lives, works or studies in the City of Maribyrnong and has a keen interest in active transport.
Nominations close Friday 18 June at 5pm.
How to nominate
To submit a nomination complete the online nomination form below or download the nomination form(PDF, 232KB) and post it to:
Active Transport Planner
Maribyrnong City Council
PO Box 58
Footscray VIC 3011
Submit a nomination online
Purpose of the Advisory Committee
The purpose of the Advisory Committee is to provide Council with ongoing community input into Council and State Government provisions for active transport, infrastructure projects, advocacy and partnership opportunities.
Objective of the Advisory Committee
The Advisory Committee's objectives are to:
- Provide advice on delivery of cycling and walking strategies and other relevant Council programs or policy.
- Inform Council of issues relating to improving conditions and safety for cycling and walking and promoting active transport in the municipality.
- Provide advice to inform the development of projects and programs that encourage a culture of active transport in Maribyrnong, so that people make more of trips by foot or bicycle.
- Provide advice on the development of a high quality network of routes accessing popular destinations both within Maribyrnong and the larger Metropolitan network that are suitable for use by those of all abilities, ages and backgrounds.
- Support Council in advocating to key partners and relevant bodies to prioritise funding of active transport projects and programs.
- To strengthen linkages between interest groups, the community and Council
The Committee is advisory in nature and has no decision making authority.
To find out more about the Advisory Committee download the terms of reference below.
For further information about the Advisory Committee please contact Council's Active Transport Planner by phoning 9688 0200 or send us an email to email@example.com