Apply for a filming permit


There are many great filming locations in the City of Maribyrnong. If you would like to film in our streets, parks, gardens or other open spaces owned or managed by Council, you will need to obtain a permit first.

Filming without a permit will result in a fine.

Read up first

Download our Filming Guidelines(PDF, 55KB) for more detail on what you need to do to apply for a permit.

What documents do you need?

  • Site map/plan of location of your activities
  • Traffic/pedestrian management map/plan
  • Risk assessment form
  • Short copy of script
  • Information letter drop to affected residents with contact person for complaints/arising issues
  • Contacted Government bodies if within their jurisdiction (parks Victoria, Melbourne Ports or Private businesses)
  • Contacted Victoria Police
  • Parked vehicle’s location map
  • Copy of liability insurance
  • Management of litter plan (if applicable)

How do you apply?

Download the Filming Application Form(PDF, 159KB) and submit to Council with all the required documents and the required fee.

Please allow at least three weeks for your application to be processed.

How much does a permit cost?

Fees apply in most cases. We may choose to waive your fee if the project has significant community benefit.

What do we consider in assessing your application?

We consider potential impacts on residents, businesses and passing motorists.

Filming is generally not permitted between midnight and 6am.