Artsbox 2018 Residency Applications Now Open
About the Artsbox Artist-in-Residence Program
The program is open to artists of all genres and mediums seeking a space to foster ideas, develop their arts practice, and create new works. The purpose of the Artist-in-Residence Program is to encourage and facilitate creativity, increase the profile of Maribyrnong as a creative hub and factory for the arts within Melbourne, and encourage access for our community to a wide range of arts participation activities. Short term residencies are offered on a yearly basis and are best suited to the development of new work, testing and exploring ideas, or the further development of your arts practice.
Successful applicants are required to be on site a minimum of three times per week and to include engagement activities for the community during the residency period.
There is no requirement for applicants to either live or work in the City of Maribyrnong, however connection to the local community is viewed positively. Applicants are strongly encouraged to include details of the engagement activities planned during the residency period, within this application.
Any future exhibitions or similar following the residency are required to acknowledge the creative development opportunity offered by Arts & Culture Maribyrnong.
A brief written report on the use of the space during the residency is required and must be supplied to Council no less than 30 days following the end of the residency period.
Artsbox is available for short term residencies of between 4 to 8 weeks. Residencies of 12 weeks total will be considered if there is a clear rationale for an extended residency. You will need to indicate your preferred residency duration, and preferred time of year to undertake the residency in the application.
Artist-in-Residence Program details:
The Program aims to encourage and facilitate creativity, increase the profile of the venue as a dedicated arts space within Footscray, and encourage access for the community to a wide range of arts and cultural activities.
Arts & Culture Maribyrnong will:
- Provide access to Artsbox to successful applicants.
- Feature and promote successful applicants on the Arts & Culture Maribyrnong website, across social media platforms, and feature artists in monthly e-newsletter Art Bytes.
- Provide a stipend to successful artists to cover costs of materials, equipment etc. associated with the residency.
- Provide a written evaluation and summary of the residency, including images of the artistic development which the City of Maribyrnong can use for marketing and reporting purposes, within 30 days of the residency ending.
- Acknowledge the support of Arts & Culture Maribyrnong and the City of Maribyrnong in future collateral relating to the work. Logos and acknowledgement details will be supplied to successful applicants.
- Be present at Artsbox a minimum of three days per week during the agreed residency period.
- Offer the public at least one engagement opportunity to view or be involved.
- Provide evidence of Public Liability insurance to the value of no less than $10 million.
Successful applicants will be eligible to receive a stipend of $500 exclusive of GST for residencies of 4 weeks. The stipend will be increased for longer residencies on a pro-rata basis. To receive payment, successful applicants must supply certain requested information in order to be included on Maribyrnong City Council’s finance system, and following this will be required to supply an invoice including ABN and banking details. In the absence of an ABN a Statement by Supplier form must be supplied. Details on the information required will be supplied to successful applicants.
Expressions of Interest open: 30 August 2017
Expressions of Interest close: 27 September 2017
We will endeavour to notify successful applicants by 27 October 2017
For further information or to discuss the Artist in Residence Program in more detail contact Arts & Culture Maribyrnong on 03 9688 0200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the Artsbox Artist-in-Residence Program information, including a floorplan of the space, by clicking here
How to apply:
Applications open on Wednesday 30 August 2017 and will remain open until close of business on Wednesday 27 September 2017. All applicants are required to complete the below application form. For further information or for any queries you may have about the program, please contact Arts & Culture Maribyrnong on 03 9688 0200 or email email@example.com
If completing this online form is prohibitive to you applying for the residency program, you can download a hardcopy form to apply via email, below.
Artsbox Artist-in-Residence 2018 Application Form
Applicant's contact details:
Tell us about your arts practice:
Along with the application form all applicants must provide:
To download a word version of the application form click the link below. Email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org by CoB Wednesday 27 September