Artsbox Artist-in-Residence Program
Artsbox is a vibrant, intimate and creative converted shipping container based outside the Footscray library. It is a versatile space for emerging, mid-career and professional artists to create new work, test and explore ideas, and further develop their arts practice. The short-term residencies are suited to the development of new work, testing and exploring ideas or the development of your arts practice.
Artists of all genres and mediums are welcome to apply. There is no requirement for you to be a resident of the City of Maribyrnong. Applicants are strongly encouraged to engage with the local community - engagement is really easy and can be as simple as keeping the doors open while you work, chatting to local visitors about your practice, or offering an opportunity for the public to see what you’re developing through a workshop or activity. The Footscray library is also available to utilise for larger engagement activities that may not fit inside the Artsbox space.
Apply for a residency
Due to the impacts of COVID-19, 2020 residencies were rescheduled to 2021 - however, we are excited to offer two vacancies in our program in the months of February and March 2021.
Things to note:
- All disciplines are welcome
- Artists receive a stipend of $500 towards costs for the month of their residency
- This particular opportunity is for the months of February and March 2021 only
- Applications are welcome from artists from City Maribyrnong, City of Hobsons Bay, City of Moonee Valley, City of Brimbank and City of Wyndham
- Artists must hold public liability insurance (discuss with us if you don’t already have it)
- Projects that involve using the Footscray Library Collection are encouraged but not compulsory
Any queries at all contact us at email@example.com
Creative residencies are also offered at the Bluestone Church Arts Space.