Midsumma 2021 at the Bluestone Church Arts Space
Are you a Queer artist based in or connected to Melbourne’s West? Be part of the state's premier LGBTQIA+ cultural festival!
As part of Midsumma Westside, we’re calling for Expressions of Interest for LGBTIQA+ artists to perform in the Bluestone Church Arts Space in Footscray. Selected artists will receive free venue hire and marketing support through Council’s channels, plus keeping box office and all other takings.
Due to current State Government regulations, the maximum capacity at the Bluestone Church Arts Space will be 30. All hirers will be required to have a COVIDSafe Plan for your event and to follow Bluestone Church Art Space COVID-safe measures. To assist with this reduced capacity, Arts and Culture can provide assistance and access to live-streaming equipment upon application. Please be aware that the safety of our community is our priority, and Maribyrnong City Council reserves the right to cancel events if required by State Government public health advice.
Maribyrnong City Council (Council) is offering the following to selected artists:
- In-kind (free) use of the Bluestone Church Arts Space
- Marketing support through Council channels, including:
- Art Bytes eNews (~800 subscribers)
- Instagram (~1,500 followers)
- Facebook (~2,500 followers)
- Council's Arts and Culture website
- Inclusion in Midsumma Westside promotions
- Artists keep 100% of box office income, less any fees Midsumma Festival may charge (full details available on their website under ‘Ticketing: Prices and Fees’)
- Artists have the exclusive right to run a bar during the season of performances, and to keep any profits
- Portable theatre drape system and PA system, which may be shared by all the artists/shows throughout the Midsumma season (additional equipment will be at the artist/show’s cost)
- Assistance with live-streaming performances due to reduced in-person capacity at the venue
How to apply
Read the full guidelines(PDF, 973KB) and complete the online form below or via this link by 11:59pm, Sunday 22 November 2020.
If you require assistance with the application process or have any questions, contact Arts Engagement Officer via email@example.com or on (03) 9688 0233 to discuss your show idea or tech and venue needs.