Women's Art Register Art+Feminism Wikipedia Edit-a-thon
Art+Feminism is a campaign improving coverage of cis and transgender women, feminism and the arts on Wikipedia. From coffee shops and community centers to the largest museums and universities in the world, Art+Feminism is a do-it-yourself and do-it-with-others campaign teaching people of all gender identities and expressions to edit Wikipedia.
Please join the Women's Art Register for this FREE International Women's Day event. Facilitated by Pru Mitchell, President of Wikimedia Australia and the W.A.R committee.
Instructions for participants:
Please read through these instructions before attending to help make the most of the session.
1. Please RSVP via this Eventbrite link.
2. If you don't already have a Wikipedia account, please create one. Note: you don't have to use your real name, and add some info about yourself to your user page. (If you need help with this, you can do it at the event.) To create a Wikipedia account click here.
3. Once you have an account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. This will help us to communicate before, during and after the event, and to track the work we get done on the day.
4. Bring a laptop and power cord to the edit-a-thon if possible (It is much easier to learn than on a tablet or mobile).
5. See you at Trocadero Art Space!
This event is part of the public event program for the exhibition 'Conspicuous Presence', curated by the Women's Art Register through the Trocadero Art Space Guest Curator Program
Exhibition runs 21 February to 10 March, Wednesday-Saturday 12-5pm
Exhibition Opening 21 February, 6-9pm
Wednesday, 07 March 2018 | 06:00 PM
- 09:00 PM
Trocadero Art Space, Lvl 1, 119 Hopkins Street, Footscray 3011 View Map