Festival City Grants Program
Council’s Festival City Grants Program provides financial and in-kind support for festivals that promote our City as ‘Festival City’.
The Festival City Grants Program is guided by Council’s Festival City Policy, which sets out a framework to attract, host and support the best of Melbourne’s festivals for the benefit of our residents, businesses and cultural tourists.
The Festival City Grants Program opens annually (generally early May of each year) and is managed through an online application process. Applications are assessed by Council’s independent Festival Advisory Panel.
2017 - 2018 Festival City funding recipients:
- 2017 Carols in the Gardens
- Albanian Festival
- Due West: Immersive Arts Festival
- East Meets West Lunar New Year Festival
- Emerge in the West Festival
- Ethiopian 2010 New Year Festival
- Footscray Diwali
- Human Rights Arts & Film Festival Goes West
- Jazz Out West - Melbourne International Jazz Festival
- Lantern Festival
- Melbourne International Comedy Festival Westside
- Quang Minh Tet Festival
- Seddon Festival
- Setting Sun Short Film Festival
- Sports Festival by Team Melbourne
- Stony Creek Music Festival
- tilde: Melbourne Trans and Gender Diverse Film Festival
- West Footscray Festival of Colours
- West Projections Festival
- Wominjeka Festival
- Yarraville Festival
In addition to the festivals funded through the Grants Program, in 2017/18 Council will host a range of partnered festivals including Fringe Westside as part of the Melbourne Fringe Festival, St Jerome’s Laneway Festival and Eat Drink Westside as part of our Melbourne Food and Wine Festival.
Council will also produce a range of community festivals and events including Fireworks in Footscray Park for New Year’s Eve, the Footscray Finds monthly market, and a jam-packed Festive Season program, amongst others.
Have a question or need to talk to someone about Council’s Festival City Program? Contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9688 0200.