Library Reopening Updates
Maribyrnong Libraries are open!
This page was last updated on 22 April 2022.
From 11:59pm Friday 22 April, patrons will no longer be required to check in via the QR Code or show proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
As part of the Minister for Health’s changes to pandemic orders:
- Patrons won’t be required to have two doses or show their vaccination status before entering any venue
- The requirement for staff and patrons of venues to check-in using the Service Victoria app will end, with operators not required to keep any attendance records or maintain a check-in marshal
- Masks will no longer be required in primary schools, early childhood, hospitality and retail settings, or at events of any size
- Close contacts will no longer have to quarantine – provided they wear a mask indoors and avoid sensitive settings. They will also need to undertake at least five negative rapid tests over the seven days that would previously have been the self-quarantine period
- All visitor restrictions in hospitals will be removed except for mask requirements, with health services able to tailor their own settings based on their own circumstances
- Events with more than 30,000 people will no longer require public health pre-approval
- International travellers who are symptom-free will be recommended but not required to get a PCR or rapid test on arrival, and unvaccinated travellers will no longer complete 7 days’ quarantine. Pre-departure tests for unvaccinated air crew will also be lifted
- People are exempt from testing or quarantine for 12 weeks if they’ve had COVID-19 – up from 8 weeks
- Individuals will be required to notify their workplace contacts, in addition to informing their social contacts. Workplaces won’t have to individually identify and notify each potentially exposed worker
For further information visit the coronavirus website.
|| Monday to Friday
| West Footscray
eLibrary, Programs and Meeting Rooms
Our eLibrary also remains open 24/7, where you can borrow eBooks, eAudiobooks, films, magazines, newspapers and more!
Most programs have returned to the library in person, however some are also available online. Check the Events page for the latest information.
Due to the challenges of the current COVID-19 outbreak, occasionally we might need to cancel programs. In the event of cancellation, we'll notify participants via email.
Community Rooms will soon be available for booking, please contact your local library branch for more information.
Council COVID-19 Updates
Find out the latest information relating to COVID-19, including vaccinations, testing, restrictions, and Council's essential services by visiting our COVID-19 Community Information page.
Translated information about COVID-19
You can find COVID-19 translated information for people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds on the coronavirus website.