What you need to know
In line with State Government restrictions, there will be limits on the number of patrons that can attend the Centre at any one time – from 7 Decmeber 2020 there will be 150 patrons allowed within the pool hall, 50 in the Health Club and 15 per group fitness class (12 for Cycle classes). Bookings for Warm water exercise; Steam, Spa and Sauna and Group Fitness are essential and can be made via the Online Client Portal.
Go to the Online Client Portal
Safety of our members, staff and community is paramount and when you visit we ask that you adhere to physical distancing requirements.
Below you will find information relating to the following:
- Strict COVIDSafe measures will be in place.
- Water fountains can only be used to refill bottles you bring with you. Drinking directly from the water fountains is strictly prohibited.
- Change rooms can only be used to change as showers will not be operational. The pool deck showers will be available for rinsing purposes only.
- Limited coin operated lockers will be available for use on pool deck
- Members and casual users will be able to book into a gym, swim, or group fitness timeslots from Monday 2 November 2020. All bookings must be made and paid for via the Online Client Portal.
- Please arrive 5 minutes before your timeslot to check in.
- There is a maximum of two bookings, per patron, per day.
- Members on a Relaunch membership can log into the Online Client Portal with their registered email address or MAC membership number and password to make a booking.
- Casual visitors should register as a Guest via the Online Client Portal.to make a booking
Your membership can be reactivated simply by logging into the Online Client Portal and electing to remove the freeze from your membership. All memberships remain on freeze without charge until further notice unless you remove the freeze. For more information on how to remove the freeze download the instructions for assistance(PDF, 358KB).
- Health Club/Group Fitness Class booking: $10 per session.
- Seniors bookings: $5 per session (for valid Seniors Card holders) - 7.30am and 3pm, Monday to Friday. All hours access Saturday and Sunday.
- Active Teens bookings: $5 per session. 7am – 5.30pm, Monday to Friday and all opening hours on Saturday and Sunday for young people 13-17 years old (only available to existing Active Teens members paying casually).
- Separate bookings will be available to use either the 25m pool lane for lap swimming and the leisure pool, warm water pool, or steam, spa and sauna.
- Sessions for warm water pool and steam, spa and sauna are for 45 mins and MUST be booked.
- Sessions for the lap or leisure pools will vary from 1 hour to 2 hours and 45 mins. Bookings are highly recommended.
- In the interests of all patrons health and safety, please shower with soap at home prior to visiting the Centre. While change rooms will be available, we recommend that you come dressed ready to enter the water where possible.
- Health Club sessions no longer require booking. Please ensure you bring a towel. There will be no access without one.
- To provide a safe environment for everyone, please clean all equipment with the disinfectant spray provided both before and after use. Equipment cannot be shared.
- Children under 16 will not have access to the Health Club – with the exception of those holding a current Active Teens membership.
- You will be required to remain in the designated zone as directed by gym staff. After your session you will be asked to leave the Health Club via the external exit on the North side. This will assist in keeping the number of patrons in the foyer to a minimum.
- Group fitness bookings include access to the specific booked class only.
- Please ensure you bring your own mat and towel, as we will be unable to provide mats for use in class for hygiene reasons.
- Any equipment used during the class must be cleaned with disinfectant spray provided both before and after use.
- Please arrive early – there will be no entry for latecomers.
- Please follow all instructions from your Group Fitness Instructor including remaining in your designated zone.
- The Learn to Swim program remains closed until further notice and all memberships remain on a free suspension.
- The childcare at MAC will resume from Monday 30 November 2020. Bookings and enquiries commence from Wednesday 25 November 2020.
- The Café will be open for take-away and indoor/ outdoor dining with contactless payment preferred.
- With the exception of swimwear, other retail items can still be purchased with contactless payment only. Purchases are strictly non-refundable.
Thank you for your continued patience and support of Maribyrnong Aquatic Centre during these unprecedented times. We are thrilled to be welcoming you back to the Centre safely.