Laws and Rights in the Workplace Online Workshop
As part of the Phoenix Youth Centre's Employment Program, WEstjustice presents this informative online workshop which is designed to raise awareness for young people to understand workplace laws and employee rights in the workplace.
The online workshop will provide information on the following:
- Minimum wage depending on the industry
- Casualisation of work - new laws with casual workers (e.g. becoming part-time after a certain period of time, entitled to sick leave).
- What type of worker are you
- Minimum pay and entitlements at work
- Unlawful work arrangements (e.g. sham contracting and unpaid work trials)
- Workplace safety (including discrimination, bullying and sexual harassment)
- Job Keeper (what is expected from employers, eligibility and requirements)
- Referral to Westjustice for more information and advice
To register for this online workshop you must be between 15 and 25 years of age.
Places are limited so register online now by selecting the button below.
Register online now
Wednesday, 28 October 2020 | 05:30 PM
- 07:00 PM