Phoenix Photography Competition Now Open!
The Phoenix Photography Competition is an opportunity for young photographic artists aged 12 to 25, to showcase their works and gain exposure to industry experts and to meet other artists.
The Phoenix Photography Competition is open from Tuesday 1 December 2020 until 5pm on Monday 1 March 2021. No extensions are possible and late entries cannot be accepted.
The theme for 2020 is "Change" and competition entries should explore the difficulties that can sometimes come with change as interpreted by the individual artist.
Below you will find information about the competition including the entry form.
Winners will be determined by a judging panel comprising of:
- FReeZA Committee members
- A Council Officer
- An artist or industry professional.
Three winners from each of the following categories will be selected by the Judging Panel:
Entries submitted by an artist aged 12 to 17.
Entrants to category 1 must have permission from a parent or guardian to enter the competition.
Entries submitted by an artist aged 18 to 25.
The following cash prizes will be awarded for first, second and third place winners in both categories.
Winning entries will be included as part of a curated public art exhibition at a venue located in the City of Maribyrnong to be determined early in 2021.
Terms and Conditions of Entry
By entering the Phoenix Photography Competition, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
- The competition organiser is Maribyrnong City Council (Council).
- Upon submitting an entry you will be required to declare that you have read, understood and agree to these terms and conditions to which all entrants are bound.
- Competition opens on Tuesday 1 December 2020 and closes on Monday 1 March 2021 at 5pm, with no provision for extension.
- Entrants must be aged between 12 and 25 years of age at the date of submitting an entry.
- Entrants must live, work, study, recreate or have a strong connection with the City of Maribyrnong.
- One entry only will be accepted per entrant.
- Photographic works are to be submitted at the time of registration and only online entries can be accepted.
- All submitted works must be an original work created by the submitting artist.
- Works may be taken on any device of the entrants choosing with high resolution imagery being submitted.
- Works considered to be offensive or defamatory or believed to be in breach of copyright laws or third party rights including intellectual property rights will be deemed ineligible.
- The judging panel's decision is final with no avenue for appeal or reconsideration available.
How to Enter
To enter complete the online form in the panel below and have your photographic work ready to upload with your entry form.
Entrants for category 1 must provide a parent or guardian's full name, contact phone number and email address all of which will be verified prior to entry being accepted.
Phoenix Photography Competition Entry Form