Become a library member
By becoming a library member, you can:
- Borrow up to 30 items for three weeks from any of our branches
- Renew your loans and reserve popular items through our online catalogue
- Access free computer use and WiFi
- Use printing, copying and scanning facilities
- Access collections and study spaces
- Hire library spaces
Becoming a member is free and open to all Victorians.
All you need is proof of your address, and – if you’re under the age of 18 – your parent’s or guardian’s signature.
Sign up through our online catalogue
Avoid library fines
You can renew your loans online to avoid fines.
Home library service
Can’t make it into one of our branches? Don’t worry, we can come to you.
Contact us for more information.
Looking to the future
We work with partners and the community to:
- create inviting, accessible and inclusive libraries.
- inspire people to transform their lives through reading, literacy and knowledge.
- connect people with one another, the internet and the world of information and ideas.