Council’s Festival City Program promotes and cultivates the City of Maribyrnong as a vibrant, cosmopolitan City. The Program brings together and celebrates local cultures that enhance our reputation as a vibrant and creative city celebrating both the diversity and shared experiences of our communities.
Council supports festivals in the form of:
- Funding for Community and Signature festivals and producing arrangements with Partner/Producer festivals;
- Facilitating and providing access to Council resources, as appropriate;
- Professional development to festival organisers;
- Marketing and promotion of festivals;
- Ensuring the regulation of festivals according to Council standards and compliance requirements, including traffic management, liquor licensing, environmental health, risk management are followed through.
In addition, Council will:
- Produce, attract and encourage festivals that meet the aims of the Festival City Policy.
- Mentor community groups initiating festivals that are new to the City of Maribyrnong.
- Broker relationships between festival organisers and communities, between different community groups and between festival organisers and businesses.
Festival City Policy
Council’s Festival City Program is guided by the Festival City Policy which sets out a framework to attract, host and support the best of Australia’s festivals for the benefit of residents, businesses and cultural tourists.
The Policy is Maribyrnong’s long-term commitment to supporting economically robust, socially inclusive and culturally rich festivals that will contribute to the growth of our ever changing City.
Download the Festival City Policy here.
Calendar of Festivals and Activations
The City of Maribyrnong produces a calendar twice a year of Council supported or produced festivals and activations held within our City.
The current Festival City Calendar can be downloaded here.
Have a question or need to talk to someone about Council’s Festival City Program? Contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9688 0200.