Terms and Conditions
Commencing 21 December 2020 until further notice
From Monday December the 21st, 2020, some of our terms and conditions will change. We request that you read the revised terms and conditions prior to attending the Centre. Please note that the Centre is not operating at full capacity and therefore has a limited number of staff on site.
It is important that if you are unwell or experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, that you do not attend the Centre and seek medical advice.
Conditions of Entry - Social distancing, safety, health and hygiene
The patron is responsible for adhering to social distancing, health and hygiene guidelines.
All Patrons must:
- Record their visit to the Centre for contact tracing purposes via the following options:
- Members - Scan your membership access card upon arrival
- Casual users with Smart Devices – scan the QR code upon arrival and enter in your details
- Casual users without Smart Devices – Create a profile on the Online Client Portal. Sessions can be booked and paid for at the Centre (no cash payments are permitted).
- Wear a fitted facemask when lining up to enter the Centre and when moving through the Centre. Masks may be removed when you are ready to commence exercise and then worn again after you have completed exercising.
- Book ahead of time for Spa, Sauna, Steam room, Warm Water and Group Fitness sessions via the Online Client Portal.
- Adhere to assigned entry and exit points.
- Stay home and do not attend the Centre if experiencing any cold or flu symptoms.
- Use hand sanitiser provided upon arrival
- Adhere to the standard Conditions of Entry to MAC - https://www.maribyrnong.vic.gov.au/mac/About/Policies.
Booking policy for Spa, Sauna, Steam room, Warm Water and Group Fitness Classes.
- Members and casual users must book their sessions to the above zones prior to arrival.
- Walk-ins are permitted, however, due to capacity limits access to these zones is limited and to avoid disappointment we strongly encourage bookings to be made via the Online Client Portal.
- Warm water, spa and sauna bookings are restricted to patrons 16 years and over. (With the exemption of those with medical conditions who are carrying approval from their doctor to enter these zones for rehabilitation purposes.)
- Patrons under 16 will not be permitted entry into the Group Fitness Classes with the exception of those holding a current Active Teens membership.
- Refunds are not available.
- Rescheduling sessions can only be made up to two hours prior to the session commencing.
- Patrons may have a Carer attend with them*
- Please arrive at Main Entry 5 minutes prior to your session commencing
- Your booking will become available to other patrons if you do not arrive within 10min of your session starting and you do not notify us of your late arrival.
- Patrons are responsible for providing their own equipment. Refer to specific zone terms and conditions below.
- Showers in change rooms will remain closed. Only pool deck showers will be accessible for rinsing.
- Access to allocated changing rooms and toilets is permitted.
- Limited coin operated locker access is available. We recommend that you leave your valuable personal items at home.
- Patrons must bring their own water bottles. Water fountains will only be available for refilling. No other food or drink is permitted into the Maribyrnong Aquatic Centre.
- Lost property will not be kept overnight and must be collected on the same day it was left behind.
Lap Swimming, Leisure Pool, Warm Water Pool and Steam, Spa and Sauna Procedures
In order for all Maribyrnong Aquatic Centre users to enjoy their time in the pool whilst keeping safe and suitably distanced from other patrons, we ask everyone to be respectful of the following procedures.
- Shower with soap and water at home. Accessing facilities at the centre will be limited, therefore please ensure you have used the bathroom prior to arrival.
- Lap pool (divided into the 25m configuration), leisure pool, warm water pool, steam spa and sauna will be available.
- Always keep a 1.5 metre distance between yourself and others. There is a maximum of three swimmers per lane.
- There will be a maximum of 135 patrons in the lap pool and leisure pool combined and 6 patrons in the warm water pool and 9 patrons in the steam, spa and sauna zone at any one time.
- Steam, spa and sauna patrons will be rotated through the 3 areas at the direction of lifeguards with approx. 15 mins allocated for a each area.
- Pool sessions will run between 1 and 2.75 hrs. You will then be required to change and exit the centre within 15min of the session ending. This is to allow for cleaning of the Centre to occur, prior to the next session commencing.
- Late arrivals must swim within their allocated timeslot and cannot carry over into the next session.
- Lifeguards will provide instructions when it is time to exit the pool and depart the Centre. Patrons must depart the Centre as quickly as possible.
- Please place a towel or towelling dressing gown at the end of your lane to allow for quick drying off and exiting of the pool hall. Change rooms will not be available for showering after your session. Pool deck showers will be available for rinsing only.
- For health and safety reasons towels are required for sitting on in the Steam and Sauna. No kickboards will be provided.
Health Club Procedures
In order for all Maribyrnong Aquatic Centre users to enjoy their time in the Health Club whilst keeping safe and suitably distanced from other patrons, we ask everyone to be respectful of the following procedures.
- A maximum of 50 patrons may be present in the Health Club at any one time
- Patrons must enter through the main entry point and exit via the double doors at the Northern end of the Health Club as directed by Health Club staff.
- Patrons should remain in the area allocated for the session and adhere to social distancing requirements
- All equipment must be cleaned with disinfectant spray provided both before and after use
- Patrons must bring their own equipment/belongings including towel, exercise mat, boxing gloves and water bottle.
- Water fountain facilities will only be available for refilling water bottles.
- Patrons under 16 will not be permitted entry into the Health Club with the exception of those holding a current Active Teens membership.
- Accessing facilities at the Centre will be limited, therefore please ensure you have used the bathroom prior to arrival
- Personal Training sessions will take place outdoors and will only be conducted in the Health Club if there is available space once bookings have been finalised.
- All Personal Training sessions must be pre-purchased online and booked directly with your chosen Personal Trainer
Group Fitness Procedures
In order for all Maribyrnong Aquatic Centre users to enjoy their time in Group Fitness classes, whilst keeping safe and suitably distanced from other patrons, we ask everyone to be respectful of the following procedures.
- Class length and times will vary according to the timetable published online.
- Patrons must enter and exit through the main entry point as directed by the Group Fitness staff.
- There will be a maximum of 15 patrons in a Group Fitness class or 12 for cycle at any one time.
- You must arrive 5min prior to the class commencing, late arrivals will not be permitted entry.
- Cycle /RPM classes will be conducted in the Group Fitness room until further notice.
- Patrons must remain in the area allocated for the session and adhere to social distancing requirements which will be marked out on the floor.
- If equipment is used in the class, it must be cleaned with disinfectant spray provided both before and after use.
- Facemasks must be worn up until the commencement of class and refitted once the class has finished.
- Follow Group Fitness Instructors’ directions in regards to packing away equipment.
- Patrons must bring their own exercise mat, water bottle and towel. Large towels are encouraged.
- Water fountain facilities will only be available for refilling water bottles.
- Accessing facilities at the Centre will be limited therefore please ensure you have used the bathroom prior to arrival
- Exiting the Group Fitness room during the class will be discouraged to minimise movement through the Centre
Failure to comply with the above terms and conditions of entry may result in refused entry and/or restrictions placed on further bookings.