Apply for a street party permit
A street party is a fantastic way to meet and get to know your neighbours, as well as have some good old fashioned fun!
Street parties are:
- small in scale (less than 150 people)
- bring together people from a specific street/neighbourhood
- non-commercial or not for profit (including fundraising)
- held in minor streets which have low traffic flow.
Planning something a little bigger?
How do you organise a street party?
Our Street Party Organiser's Guide details the 10 easy steps to getting your street party underway. This includes information about how to:
- ·obtain approval in principle and from your neighbours
- public liability insurance
- Partysafe registration
- risk management
- traffic management plan and road closure kit
How long does it take?
We recommend you allow eight weeks to plan your street party.
How much does it cost?
A street party permit is free.
How do you get started?
To get started please contact us with your proposed street party location, date and time.
We will send you a Street party kit containing all you need to get started.