Pet Registration Updates

Pets Pet Registration Updates.png

You can request the following updates to your pet registration details online:

  • Your personal contact details
  • Apply for a pensioner concession
  • Advise that your pet has been desexed
  • Correct your pet’s microchip number
  • Update your pet’s name, breed, sex or colour
  • Advise that your pet has passed away
  • Advise that your pet has moved out of Maribyrnong City Council
  • Advise your pet is registered with an applicable organisation
  • Advise your dog is a registered breeding dog or obedience trained by an approved organisation

You can also request a replacement tag or a copy of a registration certificate using the form above.


Moved from one address to another within the City of Maribyrnong?

If you are changing your address within the municipality you will need to be registered for the MyMaribyrnong portal on Council’s website then use the “Edit my details” option in the portal. 

Alternatively you can complete and return the Change of Address Form(PDF, 185KB).


Changing ownership of a pet that is currently or has previously been registered with Maribyrnong City Council

If you have taken ownership of a pet that is currently registered or has previously been registered with Maribyrnong City Council to a different owner you can change ownership on the record. You will need to obtain written/e-mail authorisation from the previous owner confirming: their name, address, the pet's animal ID or tag number, microchip number and that they have handed over ownership of that pet to you.

You can then easily apply for the ownership change and provide the authorisation online here.


Central Animal Records

Once you have updated any details with us, you should also make sure the details are updated with Central Animal Records which is an accredited microchip registry. Having you pet's details updated with them can assist in the recovery of your pet if they go missing.