Apply for community event signs
You can apply to erect a temporary sign on Council land to promote community events. This includes educational, cultural, religious, social or recreational events.
We will not approve signs that:
- promote membership drives or enrolments
- contain any entrance fees or costs
- are not properly and professionally installed at an approved location.
Where can signs be placed?
||Van Ness Ave & Raleigh Rd
||Churchill Avenue and Adamson Street
||Cnr Francis and Roberts Streets
||Cnr Mitchell and Cambridge Streets
||Cnr Ballarat Road and Droop Street
|Front of 7-Eleven
||Cnr Somerville and Williamstown Roads
||Cnr South Road & Duke Street
What documents do you need to apply?
- A copy of the sign art work and description.
- A copy of the public liability insurance policy (with a minimum amount of $10,000,000.00), or a certificate from the company that is erecting the sign. The policy must be valid for the period of the permit and must indemnify Maribyrnong City Council.
How do you apply?
For more details, please read our Community event signs information pack(DOC, 137KB)