Apply for a pensioner rebate on rates
If you hold a pensioner concession card or a Veteran Affairs card, you are eligible to receive a rebate on your rates.
How much is the rebate?
The rebate amount is reviewed each financial year in line with Council adopting its annual budget and is subject to annual Consumer Price Index adjustments.
For the 2022/23 financial year, the maximum pensioner rebate is $508.05 which comprises of:
- $253.20 State Government Municipal Rate Concession
- $204.85 Council approved pensioner concession
- $50.00 State Revenue Office Fire Services Property Levy concession.
Applications must be made to Council by downloading and submitting a copy of the municipal rates concession application form
Fire Service Property Levy concession
Qualified card holders are also entitled to a $50 rebate against the Fire Service Property Levy.
Are you eligible?
The property must be your principal place of residence. You must also hold a pensioner concession card, or:
- Gold Repatriation Health Card - Permanently Incapacitated (TPI)
- Gold Repatriation Health Card - War Widow (WW)
- Department of Veteran Affairs POW and EDA cards.
If you have recently become a pensioner, you will need to apply to receive the rebates.
Pensioner defered rates
In some cases, we can make arrangements for eligible pensioners to defer their rate payments. Please contact us to discuss.