Community Care

Support for over 65s

We deliver services to individuals requiring assistance to continue to live independently. We are able to offer subsidised support though funding received via the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP).

My Aged Care

My Aged Care is a national online and phone service to help you find out about aged care services, and what services may be available to help you.

When you call the My Aged Care contact centre, the staff will ask questions to help understand your needs. They can help you find out if you are eligible for aged care services.

Visit the My Aged Care website or call 1800 200 422 to gain more information on the services available to you.

Regional Assessment Services (RAS)

As part of this you may be referred to council where a RAS Officer will provide a personal assessment to discuss your care needs.

Support for under 65s

HACC Program for Younger People (HACC PYP)

We also provide a range of services for those clients under 65 years who require assistance to continue independent living.

To access this service please contact us on 9688 0200 to arrange an assessment with one of our staff who will identify your care needs, and discuss the community services available to you.

Council's community care services

Council offers a range of services as funded through the CHSP and HACC PYP to support independence and wellness of individuals within our community. Reduced fees and charges will apply for all eligible clients. Council currently provides:

  • Food Services – provision of delivered meals
  • Home Maintenance – minor works to ensure safety and easy access in the home
  • Social Support – opportunity to meet with other members of the community in a social setting
  • Assistance with Care and Housing - support to people aged 65 and over (or 50 and over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people) and prematurely aged people who are on a low income and who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. 

In-home support partnership with Uniting AgeWell

In response to the Australian Government's reforms to the aged care and disability system, Maribyrnong and Hobsons Bay City Councils underwent a joint tender process to identify a values aligned provider to deliver continued quality in-home support for clients and employment for staff. You can find out more about this here

We are pleased to work in partnership with Uniting AgeWell to continue the delivery of in-home community care services. Under a subcontracting arrangement, Uniting AgeWell delivers:

  • Personal Care – assistance and support with personal hygiene; grooming, bathing etc
  • Home Care – assistance and support with basic domestic duties; cooking, cleaning etc
  • Respite – support to carers and the person they are caring for.

Transport partnership with LINK Community Transport

We are pleased to work in partnership with LINK Community Transport to provide transport for eligible older residents and people with a disability. Community transport is available to individuals and groups accessing key community facilities.