Stony Creek recovery
As progress on the recovery takes place, we will update this page to keep our community informed of the facts. Click on the latest news section below to keep up to date on the latest recovery updates.
Additional information is available on the following agencies' websites:
For questions in relation to the recovery email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What you should do:
- Follow the instructions found on signs placed around Stony Creek.
- Avoid contact with water in Stony Creek.
- As a precaution avoid eating fish from Stony Creek.
- Don't let pets swim in the area or drink the water.
- Call Nurse on Call on 1300 60 60 24 or see your doctor if you require medical advice.
- Anyone experiencing wheezing, chest tightness and difficulty breathing should call Triple Zero (000).
- If you come into contact with contaminated water, remove wet clothing and wash areas of your body that have come into contact with contaminated water with warm soapy water.
Impacts in your area:
- Chemicals identified in the firewater are known to cause odour even at low concentrations.
- Odour levels are expected to continue to decrease.