Triennial Arts Partner Funding (2023-2026)
Arts, cultural or heritage organisations that are either based in, or have a significant history of delivery in Maribyrnong, with a strong track record of producing high quality work and engaging the community in a significant way are encouraged to apply for Council’s Triennial Arts Partner Funding.
Maribyrnong City Council provides financial and in-kind support to the local arts and cultural sector through subsidised Council-owned arts facilities, programs and funding to support the operations of key organisations. Triennial Arts Partner Funding is designed to:
- Provide multi-year organisational funding to significant arts, cultural or heritage organisations delivering in Maribyrnong.
- Assist with their capacity to deliver programs that support local artists, build new audiences and increase participation in the arts by the community.
- Increase partnership opportunities for key arts organisations through leverage and strengthening financial viability for not-for-profit organisations.
- Enable forward planning for arts organisations with multi-year funding, reducing administrative processes and building organisational capacity.
- Increase creative outcomes in Maribyrnong that extend our marketing reach as a creative and welcoming city.
- Ensure that the outcomes of the Arts and Culture Strategy 2018-2023 are fully realised.
How to apply
Funding applications are submitted using the SmartyGrants online application system.
SmartyGrants Application Page
Applications close at 12pm (midday) on Friday 2 June 2023.
Maribyrnong City Council manages your personal information in accordance with privacy legislation. For more information, please see our Privacy Statement.
As an applicant to Maribyrnong Triennial Arts Funding, you will be assessed against the Selection Criteria and demonstrate how your three year program contributes to achieving the Council Plan priority areas and the actions of the Arts and Culture Strategy 2018-2023. All applications are assessed by a peer panel of industry representatives to ensure a robust and fair process.
Interested applicants are strongly advised to attend the following Triennial Arts Partner Funding Workshops to find out more about the application process:
- How to Apply for Triennial Arts Partner Funding: Wednesday 5 April 2023, 3-4.30pm, online.
- Writing a Strategic Plan: Wednesday 26 April 2023, 3-5pm, online.
Bookings: How to Apply for Triennial Arts Partner Funding
Bookings: Writing a Strategic Plan
Applicants are also invited to discuss their proposal with Maribyrnong Arts & Culture on (03) 9688 0200, or via firstname.lastname@example.org, before submission.
Successful applicants: Triennial Arts Partners 2020-2023
Please visit the webpage for Triennial Arts Partners 2020-2023 to read more on previous successful applicants.
Triennial Arts Partner Funding (2020-2023)