Apply for a Tradesperson Parking Permit
As a resident, you can apply for a temporary parking permit for tradespeople undertaking works at your property. The permits are issued to you and must be clearly displayed in the relevant vehicles.
Applications must be received a minimum of 5 days prior to start date/s requested.
How many of permits can you apply for?
Only four of these permits will be issued per dwelling each year.
Note - permits are not issued for heavy vehicles (>4.5 tonnes), long vehicles (>7.5 metres) or for trailers, caravans, trucks, earth moving equipment.
How much do the permits cost?
One permit costs $26.20 per week.
What documents do you need to apply?
Proof of works being conducted (Eg: Invoice, receipt, quote) and one proof of residency as per the application form.
How to apply
Apply online now.
Or complete the Tradesperson parking permit application form(PDF, 385KB) and submit to Council with the relevant documentation. Do not send payment with your application.
- Your application will be assessed by our Compliance Department
- If your application is approved and no payment is required you will receive your permit/s by post. If your application is approved and payment is required you will receive a Payment Request. (* If you provide your e-mail on the application you will receive the request via e-mail – recommended)
- If you receive a Payment Request the permit will only be valid once payment received
- Payment options are advised on the Payment Request or you can pay online now
- If payment is received within 14 days your permit/s will be posted to you. If no payment is received within 14 days your application will be voided and a new application will be needed if the permit is still required.
Where can the tradespeople park?
A permit allows you to park in your street or an immediately parallel and cross street.
Permits are not valid in shopping strips. Permits do not allow you to park in no stopping areas, loading zones, clearways and other restricted areas. Failure to maintain full compliance with the conditions of the permit could lead to it being cancelled.