Heritage Advisory Committee
Aims of the Heritage Advisory Committee
The Heritage Advisory Committee aims to:
- To support the protection and management of heritage places
- To promote the recommendations and implementation of the Maribyrnong Heritage Plan
- To raise awareness of heritage in the municipality
- To strengthen linkages between interest groups, the community and Council.
Membership consists of:
- A Maribyrnong City Council Councillor
- Two community representatives
- Representatives from each of the following historical and museum related entities:
- Footscray Historical Society
- Sunshine and District Historical Society
- National Trust
- Melbourne’s Living Museum of the West
- Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung Cultural Heritage Aboriginal Corporation
- Boon Wurrung Foundation Ltd.
Nominations now open
Nominations are now open until 24 March 2021 for community representation to Council's Heritage Advisory Committee.
To submit a nomination form please complete the online nomination form via the button below.
Submit a nomination
Terms of Reference
The Heritage Advisory Committee is convened under the Terms of Reference 2021 which was adopted by Council in February 2021. A copy of the Terms of Reference can be downloaded via the link below.
The Heritage Advisory Committee meets on a quarterly basis.