Maribyrnong Messenger - Spring 2020
Council sincerely apologises for the word search error in the Spring edition of Maribyrnong Messenger and any offence caused. The unacceptable combination of letters in the word search was computer generated. We will not be using the software again and we are filing an official complaint. Please be assured we are taking this extremely seriously. Council immediately changed the word search on the online version, which can be viewed below.
Please note: We have not stated the words as they are offensive and will upset readers.
Council has been actively and consistently working for more than a decade to create a community in which women are able to live free from violence, and our commitment is outlined in our Gender Equity Strategy 2030.
During this time, services are still open if you need support:
- If you are in immediate danger always call 000.
- For 24/7 crisis support call safe steps on 1800 015 188. If you cannot safely call, email firstname.lastname@example.org and a support worker will reply ASAP.
- For a specialist LGBTIQ family violence service, call W|Respect on 1800 542 847.
- For support for women who live in the Western suburbs, call Women’s Health West on 9689 9588. Open Mon-Fri 9am-5pm.
- Or you can contact Lifeline on 131 114 or www.lifeline.org.au or Beyond Blue on 1300 224 636 or www.beyondblue.org.au
In this edition of Maribyrnong Messenger, we highlight our 2020/21 Annual Budget, and our expanded COVID-19 relief packages.
Our Mayor delivers a message on how Council is providing relief for our residents and business operators, and find out how we are continuing to work to support our entire community by adjusting some of our services and taking them online for you to enjoy in the comfort of your own home.
We also chat with Nathalie McLean who is using her passion for storytelling to teach the youngest generation about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander history and culture.
Make the reader full screen to read the Spring edition of Maribyrnong Messenger, or download a PDF version below.